CUBIC Environmental Management and Occupational Health & Safety Management
It is CUBIC's wish to be considered a recognized production company and business partner - also within environmental management and occupational health & safety management.
Therefore, it is CUBIC's policy to be conscious about our influence on the environment and on occupational health & safety so we can minimize CUBIC’s load on the environment and create a good occupational health & safety standard under due consideration to our competitiveness.
- that we at any time comply with all rules and regulations in force concerning safety, health and environment
- that we aim at minimizing our waste of materials and energy as much as possible
- that research, development and construction are carried out under due consideration to the impact of our products and processes on occupational health and safety as well as on the environment
- that we in our daily behaviour and attitudes focus on occupational health and safety as well as on the environment and on current improvements to this
- that we proactively take precautionary measures against workplace injuries and work-related injuries
To support this, CUBIC’s management system has been certified according to DS/EN/ISO 9001, 14001 and DS/OHSAS 18001.
Among other things this implies that the environmental and occupational health and safety aspects are considered on equal terms with technical and financial aspects regarding new processes, improvement of existing products and the development of new products. Likewise, the certifications imply that CUBIC’s management system is currently evaluated regarding suitability, sufficiency and efficiency.
An increased focus on the environment is also expressed in the EU directives concerning RoHS and REACH.
RoHS (Restriction of the Use of Certain Hazardous Substances) concerns a limited use of materials in electrical and electronic equipment. The CUBIC products have since 01 July 2006 followed the rules and regulations of the RoHS directive.
REACH (Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation and Restriction of Chemical substances) deals with the fact that chemicals must be registered regarding safety for humans and for the environment, and that some of the most hazardous chemicals must be replaced by less problematic chemicals, if possible. CUBIC's products comply with the REACH directive.